Comprehensive Orthodontic Care for Your Best Smile
Dr. Marshall may recommend surgical orthodontics to achieve a healthy and well-aligned smile in certain cases. Surgical orthodontics, also known as jaw surgery or orthognathic surgery, is typically needed if your oral health, function, and appearance are affected by problems that cannot be corrected through more conservative treatments. Dr. Marshall is a highly experienced jaw specialist near Fountain Inn, SC, and he works closely with other area specialists to ensure that treatments are adequately timed when the need for surgical orthodontics arises.
Surgical Orthodontics may be needed to correct abnormalities in the teeth, jaws, or facial bones and can help with the following issues:
- Difficulty chewing, biting, or swallowing
- Difficulty closing lips completely
- Excessive wearing of the teeth
- Open bite (i.e., space left between your upper & lower teeth when your mouth is closed)
- Uneven facial appearance from the front or side
- Receding chin or protruding jaw
- Breathing problems while asleep (sleep apnea)
- Facial injury or congenital disabilities
Orthodontic surgery can help you to chew, speak, and breathe better. Frequently, it can also help to enhance your appearance.
If you believe that you or your child may benefit from orthodontic surgery, aka orthognathic surgery, then schedule a free consultation with Dr. Marshall, our jaw specialist near Fountain Inn, SC.
Marshall Orthodontics is a 5-Star-Rated orthodontic practice for Braces near Fountain Inn, SC, for Children and Adults – Serving Simpsonville, Greenville, Mauldin, Five Forks, Powdersville, Woodruff, Laurens, Clinton, & Piedmont, SC.